Read Manual in its entirety before use.Failure to follow these instructions may result in severe permanent damage to battery, cause serious personal injury, or lead to a fire.
General Safety Guidelines
NEVERuse a NiCd/NiMH charger to charge LiPo batteries. Only use chargers designed for Lithium Polymer (LiPo) batteries.
NEVER store LiPo batteries in any location that exceeds 40-80° F (e.g. in a car, garage, or in the sun.
3. NEVER leave charging batteries unattended. Keep watching on the charging process & react to any potential problems that may occur.
4. NEVER charge a swollen or ballooned battery (even if swollen upon purchase). Continuing to charge a battery that has began to swell will result in a fire. If a swollen or ballooned battery is found during use, follow these steps:
- STOP the charging process and disconnect battery immediately
- Disconnect battery from the device immediately.
- Place it in an open non-flammable area.
- Watch it for approx. 30 minutes from a safe distance.
- Follow proper procedure to dispose of battery
- ALWAYSinspect the battery to make sure there are no signs of damage, deformity, or swelling before charging. If there are, STOP charging the battery and follow the proper procedure to dispose of the battery.
NEVERcharge or use the battery if it has been dropped and sustained significant impact.
NEVER charge or use the battery if it has been punctured.
10. ALWAYS charge batteries in a fireproof container and away from combustible material. Do NOT charge on surfaces that can catch fire – this includes: wood, cloth, carpet, or in the application’s device.
- 11. Keep LIPO batteries out of reach of children or pets.
12. Avoid Over-Discharging LiPo Batteries
13. If the battery reaches high temperatures during use, follow these steps:
- Disconnect battery immediately from the device.
- Place it in an open non-flammable area.
- Watch it for approx 30 minutes from a safe distance.
- If the battery appears to be stable (no signs of damage or swelling) proceed to put it back into your device and continue using with caution.
LiPo Battery Charging
- Never charge a LiPo battery on a wooden or other combustible (carpeted) surface.
- Always charge LiPo batteries on surfaces made of cement, steel, ceramic or stone.
- Never charge a LiPo battery near an exit. Keep exit egress clear in case of a fire or emergency.
- Never leave a charging LiPo battery pack unattended.
- Have a fire extinguisher near the LiPo battery charging area and/or a large bucket of dry sand.
- NEVER extinguish LiPo batteries with water.
- Never charge LiPo batteries near any flammable products, including liquids or gases.
- Never charge a LiPo pack that has ballooned or swelled due to over/under charging or from a crash.
- Never charge a lithium polymer battery pack that has been punctured or damaged in a crash.
- Never charge a LiPo battery while it is inside your device. If it catches fire, it can lead to total destructionof the item inside which it is being charged.
Discharging Batteries & First Uses
Battery packs should NEVER be over-discharged at any time.
Specifically, over-discharging on the first use will ruin the battery permanently before you get to fully enjoy it.
Be extremely careful not to over-discharge new packs.
Storage & Transportation
- NEVER store batteries near an open flame or heater.
- Do NOT expose battery pack to direct sunlight (heat) for extended periods of time
- Storing battery at temperature greater than 120°F for extended periods of time (more than 2 hours) can cause damage to battery and a possible fire.
- For long term storage, DONOT store batteries fully charged; it is recommended to fully charge and then discharge it to 50-60% of their capacity before storing.
- Store battery at room temperature between 40 and 80°F for best results.
- When transporting or temporarily storing in a vehicle, temperature range should be greater than 20 °F but no more than 120°
Battery Maintenance & Handling
Inspect the battery case for obvious signs of physical damage or warpage. This usually indicates the battery has been overheated or has been overcharged.
For batteries used in seasonal applications and stored long term, it is recommended to fully charge and then discharge it to 50-60% of their capacity before storing. Check the state of charge or voltage regularly. It is important to check the battery completely before reconnecting to electrical devices.
Battery Life & Disposal of LiPo Batteries
Rechargeable LiPo batteries do NOT last forever. Batteries that have lost 20% of their initial capacity should be removed from service and disposed of properly.
If at any time you see any physical damage in a LiPo battery such as swollen cell, split, or tear in the cell’s foil covering, STOP usage immediately and dispose of battery at a local recycling location.
Proper Disposal Procedure of LiPo Batteries:
Battery disposal guidance varies based on your location. We recommend finding a local recycling location using the locator. For any additional questions, contact your local recycling center for more specific disposal information.
Product warranty is limited to original defects in material and workmanship. Warranty does not cover collateral damage. Due to the nature and use of this product, there is no term warranty. Misuse, abuse, incorrect charging, failure to comply with the above warnings and guidelines, and other inappropriate use of this product will not be covered under warranty.
LiPO batteries are intended to be used with compatible device only. Any damage caused by misuse or modifications will void your warranty and can cause serious injury.
By purchasing this product, the buyer/user agrees that they have read and understood the safety precautions printed in this document and accepts full responsibilities of these risks. By agreeing, the user/buyer does not hold ARRIS, its distributors, or its retailers responsible for any accidents, injury to persons, or property damage that may occur.
If buyer/user does not agree with these conditions, please return the battery in its original condition immediately to the place of purchase.